Tipster profile image
Head of Content authorBadge
Last Updated:

4 min read

Man City lifts fourth EPL title in a row, Arsenal left empty-handed
google news logo Follow us
Add comment
The Citizens won 3-1 at home against West Ham, while the Gunners took three points with 2-1 to Everton

Manchester City secured their fourth consecutive Premier League title with a 3-1 victory over West Ham in the final round, making them the first team in English football history to achieve such a feat. The triumph underlines Pep Guardiola’s managerial prowess and the team’s consistent dominance in the league.

The match began with an immediate impact from City as Phil Foden scored a stunning goal in the very first minute, giving the “Citizens” an early lead and setting the tone for the game. City’s relentless pressure continued, and despite West Ham goalkeeper Alphonse Areola’s save from Jeremy Doku’s shot in the 15th minute, the visitors couldn’t withstand the onslaught for long.

Just four minutes later, Doku provided a sharp pass to Foden, who netted his second goal, doubling City’s lead and further asserting their control over the match.

West Ham managed to claw their way back into the game in the 42nd minute. Following a corner kick, Mohamed Kudus executed an acrobatic bicycle kick to score a beautiful goal, reducing the deficit and giving the Hammers a glimmer of hope. City had a chance to extend their lead just before halftime, but Erling Haaland missed an opportunity in added time.

City continued to dominate in the second half, and in the 59th minute, they restored their two-goal cushion. Kevin De Bruyne, displaying his exceptional playmaking skills, passed the ball into the penalty area to Bernardo Silva. Silva then set up Rodri, who struck from the edge of the box, sending the ball past Areola and into the net, effectively sealing the victory and the title for Manchester City.

At the same time Arsenal did what they had to do in order to have a chance of winning the title, beating Everton 2-1, but it wasn’t enough for them. The Toffees scored first at Emirates, but Tomiyasu equalized just before half-time.

The winning goal came 89 minutes, when Havertz put the ball at the back of the net to secure the win, but not the first place.